The main event of WWE Clash at the Castle is still set to be Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre despite the arrival of Karrion Kross into the equation.
Kross made a shocking return to WWE on last week’s SmackDown, by attacking McIntyre at the close of the show and sending a message to WWE Undisputed Universal Champion Reigns.
The return led to speculation and some reports that Karrion could be inserted into the main event title picture ahead of Clash at the Castle in Cardiff next month.
However, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio the current plan remains the same and the Scottish Warrior will go one-on-one with Reigns at the Principality Stadium on September 3rd, via WrestleTalk.
For Cardiff, it is still Roman and Drew. I was told – of course this can always change – but I was told that it’s really not gonna change. They feel that has to be the match. So as far as when (Kross) gets his shot at Roman Reigns because obviously they’re building to that, I have no idea when that will be.
Kross has been released by WWE in November 2021, following a call-up to the Raw roster that didn’t go to plan for the 37-year-old. His presentation was a far cry to what it had been in NXT and was let go under the previous Vince McMahon regime.
Under Triple H and the black and gold era of NXT, Karrion was twice NXT Champion beating Keith Lee and then Finn Balor respectively to hold the gold on two occasions.
Clash At The Castle, the UK’s first major WWE stadium event in over 30 years, taking place at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday 3rd September. For tickets visit: https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/wweclash.