How To Add a Place in Google Maps
How To Add a Place in Google Maps : Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
- Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
- Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
- Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
- Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
- Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
- Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
- Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
- Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
- Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
- Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
- Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
- Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
How To Add a Place in Google Maps?
Add a place
- On an Android phone or tablet, open the My Maps
- Open or create a map. A map can have up to 10,000 lines, shapes, or places.
- In the bottom right, tap Add and then Add a new point.
- Drag the map until the X is where it is desired to be, then tap Select this location.
- Give the added place a name and choose a layer. A layer can have 2,000 lines, shapes, or places.
- Tap Done
Edit a place :
- On an Android phone or tablet, open the My Maps app
- Open or create a map.
- Tap the place that needs to be edited
- Tap Edit details
- Make the changes needed
- Optional: To move the point on the map, tap Edit. Then pan the point to the new location and tap Select this location.
- When finished, tap Done
Search for places :
- Users can add restaurants, hotels, museums, and other public places to the map.
- On their Android phone or tablet, open the My Maps app
- Open or create a map.
- In the search bar, enter a place name or address.
- Tap one of the search results.
- If the result is what the user wants, tap Add to map.